Monday, August 20, 2012

Level 2 Sonogram Update

Unfortunately the sonogram confirmed my doctors offices' findings. Our baby girl's skull did not grow together in the back of her head resulting in part of her brain being exposed. Her cerebellum did not form correctly and her vermis did not develop. All this took place at day 5 or 6 of her life.

As the tech was doing the sono, I saw our baby's precious little profile and thought in that moment...I'm never going to hold you or watch you grow.

The ache is overwhelming. We know that we must find peace with it all, but it is so hard to know how right now. We our thankful for all of our family and friends prayers, love and support. We definitely need them more than ever now.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family. Please know that you are being thought of often and prayed for constantly!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koby, I'm so very sorry. :( I'll keep you in my prayers. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to pray that you find Hope that she can have a beautiful chance to be held by her loving mother and father. I do not know the statistics of chance of survival, or surgery ability, etc. But I hope that peace and hope take over and the outcome is better than the alternative. All of us mommas at the group are always going to be here for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will continue to be in my prayers! I pray for strength and peace in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Koby, I am so very so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Girl Aubrey. I know your pain. I lost my son Parker(I noticed that is your sons name as well) September 28th 2011 at 21 weeks 6 days. You are correct the pain never goes away rather it peaks and dulls and the simplest things trigger it because you realize how precious and short life can be. Please know you are not alone. A song that brought me much comfort was and is "i will carry you" by Selah.Sending prayers of healing and love from my family to yours during this difficult time. please feel free to e mail me or FB me if you need an understanding ear. starrluv1717@aol.com
    <3 Gina Epperson

    ReplyDelete