Thursday, August 9, 2012

18 Weeks - We Soon Find Out Pink or Blue!


I am, as I'm sure you'd imagine, very excited and eager to find out if Baby is a boy or a girl. We'd love pink, but we love our little Parker so blue is welcome too!

With the internet and mother's of the past there comes many alternative ways to try to figure out if you're having a boy or girl. From Chinese Gender charts to Old Wives Tales to urine tests. I thought I'd try out all that I could find and do a little research.



Let's Begin with Chinese Gender Charts


A Chinese Gender or Birth Chart supposedly predicts the gender of a baby with a 93 percent accuracy. This chart- found in an ancient royal tomb near Beijing – is said to be over 90% accurate in predicting your baby’s gender. You generally enter in your age at conception and the month of conception. Some ask for due date instead of month of conception while some others ask for your complete birth date. I set out to try the first ten sites I found that claimed to predict your baby's gender.

Here were my findings for my predictions:  Girl = 6 , Boy = 4

[Website I Traveled To]


Urine Gender Test
Urine based test that predicts baby gender as early as 6 weeks with results in seconds $24.99 with free shipping. You are able to order up to 50 tests which I can't fathom why anyone would need to purchase 50 tests. Odd. [http://www.gendermaker.com/]

With us finding out very soon what we are having, I couldn't bring myself to order this to try it out. I've had some friends from my Toddler and Baby groups try them though. They found it hard to determine the color which is needed to see if you're having a boy or girl.


Old Wives Tales

There are soooooooo many out there. I picked a few and will include the websites should you want to check out the rest.

Wedding Ring Pendulum - Simply put your wedding ring on a chain or piece of string. Hold it over your belly and watch the motion. If the ring moves in a circle pattern, the baby should be a girl. If the ring swings in a side to side pattern, then the baby should be a boy.

Nausea and Vomiting - Girl = strong, Boy = none to mild

Fetal Heart Rate - Girl = above 140, Boy = below 140

How Your Carrying - Girl = high, Boy = low

More can be found at = American Baby


Birth Experience Predictor

At SheKnows Pregnancy and Baby [http://www.pregnancyandbaby.com/generator/madame-zaritska-predicts-your-birth-experience] Madame Zaritska (whoever she is) predicts how your birth experience will be along with gender, weight and baby's features. Here's my results after answering a few questions:

"The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the early morning. After a labor lasting approximately 10 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 5 pounds, 4 ounces, and will be 17-1/2 inches long. This child will have medium green eyes and fluffy blonde hair."

I found it interesting that the weight would be so different from my son's who weighed in at 7lbs, 10oz and was 20in long. Plus, both my husband and my hair are naturally dark brown, yet baby will have "fluffy blonde hair". Hmmmmm! AND! The site gives you the option to start over, so in the interest of research I did. I entered in the same answers as before and here were my new results:

"The day you deliver, outside will be overcast. Your baby will arrive in the late night. After a labor lasting approximately 24 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 4 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 20 inches long. This child will have medium hazel eyes and barely there brown hair."

Ok, so virtually every bit of my prediction changed. As I was feeling when I first came across this predictor, there is no science nor rhyme or reason to the predictions. It's purely for entertainment.

If you are expecting or want to see if your current child's prediction is correct, try out one or more of the Gender prediction charts. As you can see, I was not able to get a definite as to whether I am having a boy or a girl. However, when I checked for Parker it did predict boy. You decide. : )


5 comments:

  1. First off- ADORABLE baby bump! My guess: GIRL! Can't wait to find out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Koby!! Can't wait to hear what you are having! My guess is a boy according to how low you are carrying. Fingers crossed for your. Girl tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute bump... I will have to guess a boy... maybe ;) When do you find out what you are having? I am sure I know this or have read it somewhere but this good ol pregnancy brain gets the best of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess girl! Cant wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, girl, GIRL!!! And I loved this post!!

    ReplyDelete